Welcome to BushfireLIVE
Keeping our communities safe
Who we are
BushfireLIVE BushfireLIVE Pty Ltd is the Australian
subsidiary of Alert Wildfire Systems. The company operates the world’s largest dedicated bushfire camera network.
What We Do
We have over 750 cameras currently deployed to protect communities. Plans are in place to grow the fleet to over 1,000.
In Australia we are working with local partners to implement a Proof of Concept and expect to be able to announce details of this implementation in the near future.
How It Works
No Longer Working Blind
- They can confirm the fire actually exists when it is called in on a 000 call
- They can identify exactly where the fire is. At present only 1 in 5 fires are accurately reported according to the experts
- They can immediately determine the best resources to deploy, and despatch the same. This allows aircraft to quickly apply retardant around the fire and contain it. The pilots and observers in the aircraft can also view the fire while on the way to it and determine the best approach for their run
- The volunteers on the fire trucks can see what the fire is doing when they are on the way to the fire and while on the fireground
- And the cameras provide ongoing situational awareness to help manage the fire
Core Platform for Fire Detection and Management
Fire Chief Cox: "It's a game changer"
Hard to imagine fires today without @Alertwildfire. This network of cameras provides instant intel for firefighters. Proud of all the people behind the hard work to get the system running and keeping it maintained, it’s a game changer”
Jonathon Cox, Calfire